Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: What's your fav anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:47 pm 

YngwieOfDoom wrote:

I just wanted to notify something, even though Avatar legend of Aang and Legend of Korra are both incredibly well animated and drawn series, it's not orientated from japan. So, it's technically categorized as a cartoon :P. RWBY got an anime adeptation i think, but the series itself was originlly made with a 3D progam by a person, not a studio. Well, from what i know of course :P..

-Yngwie-

That really frustrates me. Just because something isn't from Japan doesn't mean it can't be a style that came from Japan.
Anime is a style, compare a cartoon and anime and you get noticeable differences in style, so if someone wants to draw in the anime style, it gets a label "Not anime" just because they aren't Japanese.
It doesn't just apply to anime, look at JRPGs, Pokemon and Final Fantasy. Now look at WRPGs, Mass Effect, Skyrim. Okay it's fair, JRPGs are turnbase combat, and linear. WRPGs are Real Time combat, and semi-linear or completely branching (rare).
Now let's look at Dragon's Dogma... Japanese? Yep. Turnbased? Nope. Linear? Semi. huh, so Dragon's Dogma, a game more similar to Skyrim and Mass Effect, is going to be bunched in with two unsimilar games, Final Fantasy and Pokemon?
Japan Elitist are terrible people. They believe that Japan has a culture of gold and nothing of it should be touched by anything foreign. If I want to draw anime or make JRPG, then I am doing such things, I am not drawing cartoon and I am not making a Western Role Playing Game.

Those terms Anime and JRPG are perfectly acceptable, they define the genre, but they are not exclusive to Japan, that is not only offensive to aspiring creators who use such styles, but it is also racist.

Also RWBY was made by Monty Oum, who was not Japanese. It was such a shame that it was going to be awarded for being the first anime to have a Japanese adaptation until Japan Elitist had such an outcry that it wasn't technically an anime and the award was never awarded. Monty died with only a glimpse of how successful his show was to become, they are on Volume 4 now and he died between 2 and 3.

Sorry if I sound a bit ranty. It is just ridiculous that those three are not considered anime because someone other than a Japanese person made it.
I have a friend who is Malaysian who makes a ton of stuff in this style, he's a good artist, but if he ever tried to publish it he'd get people saying it's not anime and it is his goal in life to make an anime series.
This is not the thread to discuss such stuff further, sorry.

Post subject: Re: What's your fav anime?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:18 pm 

Evil_Paragon wrote:
YngwieOfDoom wrote:

I just wanted to notify something, even though Avatar legend of Aang and Legend of Korra are both incredibly well animated and drawn series, it's not orientated from japan. So, it's technically categorized as a cartoon :P. RWBY got an anime adeptation i think, but the series itself was originlly made with a 3D progam by a person, not a studio. Well, from what i know of course :P..

-Yngwie-

That really frustrates me. Just because something isn't from Japan doesn't mean it can't be a style that came from Japan.
Anime is a style, compare a cartoon and anime and you get noticeable differences in style, so if someone wants to draw in the anime style, it gets a label "Not anime" just because they aren't Japanese.
It doesn't just apply to anime, look at JRPGs, Pokemon and Final Fantasy. Now look at WRPGs, Mass Effect, Skyrim. Okay it's fair, JRPGs are turnbase combat, and linear. WRPGs are Real Time combat, and semi-linear or completely branching (rare).
Now let's look at Dragon's Dogma... Japanese? Yep. Turnbased? Nope. Linear? Semi. huh, so Dragon's Dogma, a game more similar to Skyrim and Mass Effect, is going to be bunched in with two unsimilar games, Final Fantasy and Pokemon?
Japan Elitist are terrible people. They believe that Japan has a culture of gold and nothing of it should be touched by anything foreign. If I want to draw anime or make JRPG, then I am doing such things, I am not drawing cartoon and I am not making a Western Role Playing Game.

Those terms Anime and JRPG are perfectly acceptable, they define the genre, but they are not exclusive to Japan, that is not only offensive to aspiring creators who use such styles, but it is also racist.

Also RWBY was made by Monty Oum, who was not Japanese. It was such a shame that it was going to be awarded for being the first anime to have a Japanese adaptation until Japan Elitist had such an outcry that it wasn't technically an anime and the award was never awarded. Monty died with only a glimpse of how successful his show was to become, they are on Volume 4 now and he died between 2 and 3.

Sorry if I sound a bit ranty. It is just ridiculous that those three are not considered anime because someone other than a Japanese person made it.
I have a friend who is Malaysian who makes a ton of stuff in this style, he's a good artist, but if he ever tried to publish it he'd get people saying it's not anime and it is his goal in life to make an anime series.
This is not the thread to discuss such stuff further, sorry.

I completely agree on you if you say anime and cartoons are styles. But when you say i enjoy cartoons or i enjoy anime are 2 different things though. As a Anime fan and seeing alot of other anime fans being called weebs just because they like anime. Well, that aside. Cartoon and anime are just styles indeed.

Anyways, i'm too tired to give a fully detailed response right now xD haha:P

-Yngwie-

Post a reply Page 5 of 5   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5