Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Likwid, put Castaway 1 and 2 on Steam.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:06 am 

I would pay money to play these games through Steam.
These games have taken up enough of my time that I feel like I owe you.
Plus I would love to have an offline version of both.

I'm certain others would pay too.
Just I'm imagining $5 for 1 game each, $9 for a two game pack and $12 for both games and soundtrack or some other stuff.

Ultimately the prices are up to you, the most I would pay for both games and soundtrack is around $23 but I am a pretty big fan, I know others probably wouldn't pay that. (I'm also talking USD, $23 for me is $30 AUD)

This might even be enough for you to get the site back on track.

For this message the author Evil_Paragon has received thanks from:
Thing11th, YngwieOfDoom

Post subject: Re: Likwid, put Castaway 1 and 2 on Steam.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:11 pm 

This idea sounds rather interessing. I don't stream, but i do love your idea paragon!
I think we need ideas like this mate, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what the limitations are with Flash games on Steam. Castaway 1 and 2 were programmed a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure it would involve porting the game over to a new programming language.

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:07 am 

likwid wrote:
I'm not sure what the limitations are with Flash games on Steam. Castaway 1 and 2 were programmed a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure it would involve porting the game over to a new programming language.

I'd play Castaway on steam. There are plenty of flash games on steam, like Windowsill. I'd pay for castaway :laugh:

If we all meant to pop out of bed, we would live in toasters.

For this message the author Thing11th has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:34 am 

Thing11th wrote:
likwid wrote:

I'd play Castaway on steam. There are plenty of flash games on steam, like Windowsill. I'd pay for castaway :laugh:

Hey man! Been awwile, good to see you around again!
How have you been man? I haven't been really active on Likwidgames either, but that's because the spam actually stopped at a point. So, yea. My former Daily spam deleting routine doens't occur anymore. I still try to login to get exp so i can move up in the rank. It'hard for me to gain exp through rating games because i have rated so many games, that i actually have to look around for not rated games xD..

I'm close to lv 22 tho.

anyways, if you stream castaway 1/2, tell me about it, i might check you out!
-Yngwie-

For this message the author YngwieOfDoom has received thanks from:
Thing11th

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 am 

But seriously, Likwid that is 100% valid.
But it gave me a thought.
Likwid, you seem very busy, but what if you remade those games and put them on Steam that way?
Just, like, modern programming language (I'm not a coder).
Who knows, maybe once they are on Steam you will find a fan eager to help you and you could get help on future projects, including the currently hypothetical Castaway 3.
By having those games release with a link back to the site, you would revive this place again.
Give me a place to participate in forums and Yngwie a task again (assuming his life isn't busy).
Old members would come in and new members would join.

Castaway -was- IS amazing. With all these complicated RPGs being released a GOOD and SIMPLE RPG like Castaway would be a great refresher on Steam. I envision >85% approval rating on Steam.
Both games have the ability to pick up and play.
Sorry to say, Mini Heroes with all the hype it built failed, TD was good but it was generic in a world wide web of thousands of Tower Defence games and Troops felt like filler while we wait for something new.

Now I don't hate nor dislike the "extra" Castaway titles, it's like Mario. Nintendo pumps out Party, Tennis, Kart, Golf... but in the end the Platformers are the titles people want (well Kart I think takes the lead but let's ignore that and just say the Home Genre is what people want).

Even if in the end, you hire someone else to remake Castaway 1 and 2 and you lose money from the initial investment, you WILL earn it back, I have no doubt Castaway will do that and more.

Who knows?
If you time it right with YouTubers this could be the next FNaF/Undertale!

For this message the author Evil_Paragon has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:01 pm 

Evil_Paragon wrote:
But seriously, Likwid that is 100% valid.
But it gave me a thought.
Likwid, you seem very busy, but what if you remade those games and put them on Steam that way?
Just, like, modern programming language (I'm not a coder).
Who knows, maybe once they are on Steam you will find a fan eager to help you and you could get help on future projects, including the currently hypothetical Castaway 3.
By having those games release with a link back to the site, you would revive this place again.
Give me a place to participate in forums and Yngwie a task again (assuming his life isn't busy).
Old members would come in and new members would join.

Castaway -was- IS amazing. With all these complicated RPGs being released a GOOD and SIMPLE RPG like Castaway would be a great refresher on Steam. I envision >85% approval rating on Steam.
Both games have the ability to pick up and play.
Sorry to say, Mini Heroes with all the hype it built failed, TD was good but it was generic in a world wide web of thousands of Tower Defence games and Troops felt like filler while we wait for something new.

Now I don't hate nor dislike the "extra" Castaway titles, it's like Mario. Nintendo pumps out Party, Tennis, Kart, Golf... but in the end the Platformers are the titles people want (well Kart I think takes the lead but let's ignore that and just say the Home Genre is what people want).

Even if in the end, you hire someone else to remake Castaway 1 and 2 and you lose money from the initial investment, you WILL earn it back, I have no doubt Castaway will do that and more.

Who knows?
If you time it right with YouTubers this could be the next FNaF/Undertale!

You always know how to put your words right where they belong. You would be a great reviewer

I completely agree with you. Castaway 1 and 2 were definitly the 2 TOP games made by Likwid. Mini heroes isn't bad, but i think the turn based battle system made it kind of sucky.I think that a hack'n'slash version would be better.

Likwidgames has so incredibly much potention to launch great RPGS, maybe even MMORPGS! It just suucks the site doens't have the right support that it deserves. Likwid, you're a great man, but we need more people to make this site more active again! I have done alot already, but i cannot help you any further on the technical department..

-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 am 

I'd like to say the reason I can put "words right where they belong" is because I genuinely care for the series.
Like, this game was practically my introduction to the Internet.
I myself wouldn't applaud for the way I speak as I am certain I am an awful speaker.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am currently busy working on a NEW game, which at this time is meant for release on Steam for both Mac and Windows. Castaway fans will enjoy this one ;)

More details soon...

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
Evil_Paragon, Thing11th, YngwieOfDoom

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]