Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New game coming out this week!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Keep your eyes on likwidgames.com, as we are releasing a new game this week!

hint: It will feature your favorite Castaway 2 characters ;)

Attachments:
icn_heroimage.jpg
icn_heroimage.jpg [ 29 KiB | Viewed 5739 times ]

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
Daikenkini, YngwieOfDoom

Post subject: Re: New game coming out this week!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:15 pm 

I'm looking forward in playing this game
Thanks Likwid for your returnal. It's been a long strugle, but we welcome you back!

For this message the author YngwieOfDoom has received thanks from:
likwid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:31 am 

Interesting. Looks cool.

For this message the author alex5678 has received thanks from:
likwid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:59 am 

I see you returned Alex? Well. Nevertheless, welcome back man!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 pm 

null

Last edited by Daikenkini on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For this message the author Daikenkini has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:19 pm 

Daikenkini wrote:
Welp Yngwie, many of us have been in some sort of stasis ... Log in, view Likwid's "last online" date, log off. Anyway, now to the topic ... I've got some things to say.

First and foremost: Congratulations Likwid. You have completed yet another game and that is a very. good. thing. Because frankly you've always been delivering some of the best flash games that had been ever made. Also, not only did you get back to work, you seemingly also sorted out whatever IRL stuff we do not know of (and won't) and you finally made a return to Likwidgames.com. Awesome. Likwid, I am proud of you (and so are Yngwie, Alex and the rest of the active community if I may speak for you guys).

And now we get to the bad stuff. There's two major problems that I would like to address (there are more but these ones gotta get sorted out first):

-> The forums are A MESS.
-> You are - sorry - unreliable. Boy are you unreliable. You had been idle for NEARLY A YEAR. Without communicating A SINGLE WORD to us. That is MANY negative points for you.

To confront these two problems, I've got two missions for you.

-> CAPTCHA for new registering users, or at least for the forums. Period.
-> A LIKWIDGAMES BLOG. Yes you heard me right. A Likwidgames blog.

The first mission I am sending you on is to take action against the bots and restore the forums former glory: Captcha. And regarding the second mission ... we want WEEKLY blog entries from you. Containing concept art, containing gameplay ideas, containing sneak-peeks, containing simple discussions/questions to your player base about design decisions, containing whatever, it's gonna be your blog. But you & us need one anyway. Because you are unreliable. You can't just leave and not show up again for more than 6 months. Things are aging twice as fast when there's no administration. To counter this, we want a weekly updated Likwidgames blog. Can be a forums section, can be a site section, as you like it. We had already been given nearly-reliable updates during the development of Mini Heroes. Posts like these *click* would be perfectly fine. Bonus points to you if you manage to set up the blog only shortly after your new game.

That's all. Welcome back Likwid I love you & please consider the things I said. Very much looking forward to your game!

Thank you,
Daiken

@ Other Users: VOICE YOUR OPINION. Don't just read this post, try to respond to it / add your styff to this thread. Agree with it, disagree with it, provide solutions, address even further problems, make wishes, encourage other users to voice their opinion, MAKE YOUR AND OTHERS VOICE BE HEARD! We are a community!

P.S.: Sorry for flooding you with problems this shortly after you've made a return. But solutions are long due my friend.

I think that backing down would have been better. But you've put the anger of all of us in one post. I have to admit, that's the true feeling we all have in it's purest form.
We are all really happy that Likwid returned, but we're also really mad that you've kept us waiting for so long. Even though i had some contact with you Likwid. I couldn't fully build on your response rates. and sometimes i didn't get a response at all.. I felt left alone with sokki leaving, thing11th away and everyone else which used to lead the forum in it's glory parade back in 2011 2012.

I already know Likwid, that you're doing the hardest your best to find a way how to get rid of the spam! And i'm proud of that man really!
As for daikenkini, i agree, and disagree on your request. I really want a updates blog for all likwidgames their games. and reviees, sneakpeaks and anything along that l ine. But I think Likwid didn't left without a reason. I've talked to him about some stuff, and i had the feeling that he really had lost touch with his site. But because of us he returned! If likwid would be only on a daily basic and would bring updates once in a week, i'm more then glad to see a monthly update about ANYTHING about likwid's game designs and developments. I don't care about a weekly update. I don't want him posting weekly updates for a year and then vanishing again. I want him to stay in long terms. Thus, i'm of opinion that a monthly update is more then enough. But he should be online frequency like communicating more with us in the forum lik he did back in 2008-2011 ( i might not been registered back in 08, but i have been reading the past of likwidgames in the forum)
Likwid, you're one awesome guy. Let us be proud of your work! Stay with us, and we will stay with you.
I think i can consider speaking for everyone in likwidgames. We all love you man. And you should feel proud of returning!
-Yngwie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:00 am 

Guys. You're flooding the forum with this. I'm not angry, or sad, or disappointed anymore. I'm not upset that Likwid left, or that we didn't get along in absence. I regret what has happened yet we cannot repeat the past. So I'll say this as simply as I can. From the little bit of checking I've done today and yesterday only a few people are active. If we are to communicate I propose we do so through other means than back and forth in forums and profile pages. If we communicate for anything we do it live.

Likwid, I welcome your return, I apologize for the havoc I caused at times. If this is to happen. We do it together, on your terms.

For this message the author alex5678 has received thanks from:
likwid, YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:21 am 

alex5678 wrote:
Guys. You're flooding the forum with this. I'm not angry, or sad, or disappointed anymore. I'm not upset that Likwid left, or that we didn't get along in absence. I regret what has happened yet we cannot repeat the past. So I'll say this as simply as I can. From the little bit of checking I've done today and yesterday only a few people are active. If we are to communicate I propose we do so through other means than back and forth in forums and profile pages. If we communicate for anything we do it live.

Likwid, I welcome your return, I apologize for the havoc I caused at times. If this is to happen. We do it together, on your terms.

Where are you going with communicating "live"? If you mean skype, I hardly use Skype. Nor do i feel the need to use it. the reason people stopped using the forum is because the generation of registered players had been decreased. the last generation that used the forum were mostly 15-22+ aged. And were al motivated users that sometimes were twice as active in the forum, rather then playing games. the generation of today rather plays games, and that's all.. Besides that, nearly 35% of all registered accounts are false registered accounts that are either logged in to create more population, or are single log bots.

I agree on it that we really need to communicate better in order to make the community more active again. But we need the people for it to achieve this.
Likwid, you should make some contact with both thing11th and Sokki for their returnal. IF they're not returning, it could be a huge gap in the work we're trying to progress.
As for both Alex and daikenkini, it's importent that we as the small group of active communicators of the forum, we should keep the forum updated and fun-looking for others in order to make them interessed in joining the forum with us.

I will be cleaning the spam nearly everday from now on. Till Likwid found a way how to permanently prevent them for both registering, and posting..
This will make the forum clear without spam, this more attractive to visit.
The site isn't dead yet, and I guess we all agree, that we won't allow it to be dead!
-yngwie-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:34 am 

alex5678 wrote:

Going indifferent about this is like taking drugs and expecting things to become better.

Lolno Alex, I 100% disagree with this post. Besides, Likwid WANTS feedback. We HAD BEEN A GREAT COMMUNITY. We have always given feedback & presented our ideas to Likwid and we always will (Yes I am a very unforgiving user, but every community has at least one, right? They are important as are many other personalities.) BECAUSE IT ALWAYS WORKED.

I don't mean to build up pressure onto Likwid. I mean to restore our :exclaim: Forum Game culture, :exclaim: our feedback & idea presentation scene, :exclaim: our wishlists, :exclaim: many more things we used to do. I'm not crying, I am shouting. Sorry for that, but I am confident we're going to make it far in 2016 after a hard year 2015.

After all that, new things are going to be implemented. But if nothing happens ... Likwidgames won't even have a chance.

Edit: Im sorry for linking only to Quicksmasher's old posts, but I do not have that much time to spare and it's all sooo long ago ... I don't even remember half the forums anymore !!! I would like everyone to go find some of Likwidgames' former "gems" - those places where community happened in an awesome way, that we used to have so many of.

For this message the author Daikenkini has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:10 am 

Daikenkini wrote:
alex5678 wrote:

Going indifferent about this is like taking drugs and expecting things to become better.

Lolno Alex, I 100% disagree with this post. Besides, Likwid WANTS feedback. We HAD BEEN A GREAT COMMUNITY. We have always given feedback & presented our ideas to Likwid and we always will (Yes I am a very unforgiving user, but every community has at least one, right? They are important as are many other personalities.) BECAUSE IT ALWAYS WORKED.

I don't mean to build up pressure onto Likwid. I mean to restore our :exclaim: Forum Game culture, :exclaim: our feedback & idea presentation scene, :exclaim: our wishlists, :exclaim: many more things we used to do. I'm not crying, I am shouting. Sorry for that, but I am confident we're going to make it far in 2016 after a hard year 2015.

After all that, new things are going to be implemented. But if nothing happens ... Likwidgames won't even have a chance.

Edit: Im sorry for linking only to Quicksmasher's old posts, but I do not have that much time to spare and it's all sooo long ago ... I don't even remember half the forums anymore !!! I would like everyone to go find some of Likwidgames' former "gems" - those places where community happened in an awesome way, that we used to have so many of.

Alot of these "gems" can be found in the forum games section. The community used to laugh their asses off with the amount of funny, silly, and yet sometimes wise stuff people posted. The avatar section was also one of the gems. The avatar showdowns were one of the best events in likwidgames. I can't fully remember anything either. Just a vague blurr of stuff that we all used to do with each other in the forum.
I wouldn't say to 100% diagree on the idea of Alex, We could also try and get a chat room for importent stuff. But at the same time, i think that the costs to host a chat room is way more expensive then the amount of people using it..

daikenkini, you should just float around the forum and mine some of these gems that are hidden in the caves of our community ;).

Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next