Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New mobile game
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:03 am 
Site Admin

Hey all,

Thought I'd give you a sneak peek of the new mobile game we've been working on. A combination of puzzle, adventure and RPG. Here's a few screenshots to give you an idea of how the game will work.

Please don't hesitate to post your questions and comments.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 257.03 KiB | Viewed 5436 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 193.17 KiB | Viewed 5436 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 430.99 KiB | Viewed 5436 times ]

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
gabrielok, YngwieOfDoom

Post subject: Re: New mobile game
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:30 am 

This is a interessing concept!
I like the puzzle part. It looks refreshing and new. May i ask ypu, are the puzzles related to the combat? Like, you clear put a straight line of 5 red icons, (the swords) , wil it do a certain amount of damage? Are there different combat scenerios? Like the puzzle, and just the hack'n'slash combat system? Because that would make the game more varied and creative! Maybe even changing!

-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

YngwieOfDoom wrote:
I like the puzzle part. It looks refreshing and new. May i ask ypu, are the puzzles related to the combat? Like, you clear put a straight line of 5 red icons, (the swords) , wil it do a certain amount of damage? Are there different combat scenerios? Like the puzzle, and just the hack'n'slash combat system? Because that would make the game more varied and creative! Maybe even changing!

-Yngwie-

Thanks :) Yes, the puzzle involves a match-3 game mechanic. You must align at least 3 of the same orbs to create a match. Each orb type will do something different in game. For example, matching 3 sword orbs will unleash a close range attack to your enemy. To make things interesting, there are ground and flying enemies, which require different attack types to do damage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:49 pm 

likwid wrote:
YngwieOfDoom wrote:

-Yngwie-

Thanks :) Yes, the puzzle involves a match-3 game mechanic. You must align at least 3 of the same orbs to create a match. Each orb type will do something different in game. For example, matching 3 sword orbs will unleash a close range attack to your enemy. To make things interesting, there are ground and flying enemies, which require different attack types to do damage.

Holy cow Likwid, this sounds pretty original and pretty sick! I can't wait to instal it on my phone man! Will you be using this same puzzle-combat system in a future game that you would release on Likwidgames? Like, Castaway 3 having a puzzle like battle system. I'd love to see more games like this to be honest. The concept seems really interessing and refreshing!

-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

YngwieOfDoom wrote:
likwid wrote:
YngwieOfDoom wrote:

-Yngwie-

Holy cow Likwid, this sounds pretty original and pretty sick! I can't wait to instal it on my phone man! Will you be using this same puzzle-combat system in a future game that you would release on Likwidgames? Like, Castaway 3 having a puzzle like battle system. I'd love to see more games like this to be honest. The concept seems really interessing and refreshing!

-Yngwie-

I don't think we will use this puzzle mechanic for any of our other games. This game is unrelated to the Castaway series, however it doesn't leave out the possibility of eventually expanding this game and its characters into a game similar to Castaway :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:03 am 

Looks great, however. I am not a phone gamer, is there a chance this will be "ported" to the site?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:24 pm 

Evil_Paragon
I don't think that'll happen though. But maybe likwid wil do so. You should really try and play it on the phone, just so you can give Likwid a feedback about his game. I think this is pretty motivating!

Also, i agree on you, the game looks great. Let's hope the game will be finished soon!

Likwid
Do we need to pay for it in the App Store? Or how are things looking uptilll now?

-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 pm 

Imo its pretty cool concept. I think I'm the only one that doesn't have smartphone or any "modern" phone. I just sitting here and watching at my poor nokia, she demolished so many objects that for me its hard to change her.

...Haunted by its melody
Music it will set you free
Let it set you free" ~Machine Head

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 am 

Thunder wrote:
Imo its pretty cool concept. I think I'm the only one that doesn't have smartphone or any "modern" phone. I just sitting here and watching at my poor nokia, she demolished so many objects that for me its hard to change her.

Keep her :3 It's the best phone ever created!
IF you want to try out the games, I already asked if it's possible to make them as a platform release too on the website. He hasn't really responsed back to that, but you never know ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

A few more screenshots in case you haven't been following our twitter :) The game is with Armor Games' test group right now and is VERY close to being released. As soon as late this month/early next month!

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
gabrielok, Thunder, YngwieOfDoom

Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next