Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: New site beta
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:47 am 

Good stuff Ashley :) I like the ideas and the mock up version of the forum thingy.

Also maybe hot topics/popular threads could be on the side, so people know whats going on around the site?

If we all meant to pop out of bed, we would live in toasters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Evil_Paragon wrote:
Something like this would be pretty cool:
(I made it awhile ago so that's why it says level 13)

An experience bar would be nice. I didn't have that in the picture because I knew it would change too frequently (I use it on my desktop background). Also the flag? In between level and avatar? Maybe?

Shouldn't really be a priority, but Activity in future should have filters between site, friends, site and friends, and all. And potentially birthdays that are revealed could be present in the friend filters to reduce clutter.
Potentially, another info thing on the sidebar could be details of your new game when that starts development. Just take it away when not in development, and put it back up when in development. Could have "articles" (forum post, social media post) beneath it to click on to stay up to date with development and could have a small picture banner at the top for the upcoming game in that section of the sidebar.
Include a click and scroll for the sidebar as currently the only way is to use the scroll wheel.
But be extremely hard to implement but for each person, it would be cool to customise the site colour scheme to either dark grey, white or blue.

Bug: When scrolled down the page, sometimes the sidebar doesn't individually scroll.

Awesome stuff, likwid.

Great suggestions and awesome mock up. I love it. This is why we have the best little gaming community around and I will work hard to help us grow bigger because you all deserve it.

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
Thunder, YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:17 am 

What is the colour scheme of Likwidgames?
Well, it's dark grey, white and blue!
So I was thinking, our moderators should (in the transition to the new design of the site) should be blue instead of green!
The colours would fit nicely and it doesn't take away the value of likwid's red.

For this message the author Evil_Paragon has received thanks from:
likwid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Evil_Paragon wrote:
What is the colour scheme of Likwidgames?
Well, it's dark grey, white and blue!
So I was thinking, our moderators should (in the transition to the new design of the site) should be blue instead of green!
The colours would fit nicely and it doesn't take away the value of likwid's red.

Cool idea! Let me see what I can do.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:30 am 

So maybe you don't want to spoil anything and that's cool, but what thought have you put into "upgrades"?
Such as Avatar rehaul, badges 30 and up or redesigns of 0-29 & 99 (the only badges that exist), what about updated Flags? If you cast your eyes over to neon64 in top users this month, on the beta they're rocking today's flag but here they've got 2011's flag. So cool, flags are one of the things that are getting touched.

Also if you don't want to answer that because spoilers, have you considered personalised themes?
I'm thinking along the lines of Dark Theme, Light Theme, Normal Theme and Blue Theme.
The Beta is what I would currently call Dark. There could be light to replace it with lighter greys and whites, normal to do a blend of nicely fitted blacks, greys and whites just like this site does and blue, which would just be everything with a blue tinge, don't know how well it would look, probably not at all, but if you do make it you'll see and decide then so there's no harm in a suggestion now.
I say personalised, so users can select what theme they have to their account.
I'd personally play dark because I use the computer all day for work, entertainment and even sleep, and the darker things are the less headache I get at the end, but I can imagine people using the other themes. Dark doesn't appeal to everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Evil_Paragon wrote:
So maybe you don't want to spoil anything and that's cool, but what thought have you put into "upgrades"?
Such as Avatar rehaul, badges 30 and up or redesigns of 0-29 & 99 (the only badges that exist), what about updated Flags? If you cast your eyes over to neon64 in top users this month, on the beta they're rocking today's flag but here they've got 2011's flag. So cool, flags are one of the things that are getting touched.

Also if you don't want to answer that because spoilers, have you considered personalised themes?
I'm thinking along the lines of Dark Theme, Light Theme, Normal Theme and Blue Theme.
The Beta is what I would currently call Dark. There could be light to replace it with lighter greys and whites, normal to do a blend of nicely fitted blacks, greys and whites just like this site does and blue, which would just be everything with a blue tinge, don't know how well it would look, probably not at all, but if you do make it you'll see and decide then so there's no harm in a suggestion now.
I say personalised, so users can select what theme they have to their account.
I'd personally play dark because I use the computer all day for work, entertainment and even sleep, and the darker things are the less headache I get at the end, but I can imagine people using the other themes. Dark doesn't appeal to everyone.

Badges are definitely needing to be upgraded for higher ranking users. I don't think I will allow different themes at this time. The dark/blue colors are a staple of Likwid Games, just like the white/blue is a staple of Facebook for example.

Also, I have updated Mods to have a blue colored username now :)

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
Evil_Paragon, Thing11th

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:49 am 

likwid wrote:

Badges are definitely needing to be upgraded for higher ranking users. I don't think I will allow different themes at this time. The dark/blue colors are a staple of Likwid Games, just like the white/blue is a staple of Facebook for example.

Okay, confirmed badges 30+, but what about 0-29, will they stay as is?
Themes are fair enough.
The blue looks awesome!

Also, how do you feel about name changing? Even if it has to go through you, I think rank 15 should be the change level, and of course, if you add more exp gaining things the rank should go up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:59 am 

Evil_Paragon wrote:
likwid wrote:

Okay, confirmed badges 30+, but what about 0-29, will they stay as is?
Themes are fair enough.
The blue looks awesome!

Also, how do you feel about name changing? Even if it has to go through you, I think rank 15 should be the change level, and of course, if you add more exp gaining things the rank should go up.

LikwidGames really needs more methods and a higher EXPcap for each day as it has now. Specially because lv 22-23 is one hell of a freakin job. Lmao. Not sure what you meant with "I think rank 15 should be the change level" Maybe the change to a new colorbadge? That wouldn't even be such a bad idea, but I think it would be more valid to do so from lv 20> onwards. Like, lv 25-30-35. not because i'm already close to lv 23, but from lv 19 onwards, increasing your level really gets incredibly difficult. Lv 15-18 is hard too, But Gabriel is the fourth one that ever passed the lv 17 barrier and entered lv 18. and Sokki, jvitor and I were the only 1 ever to surpass lv 20. If we have a higher EXP cap and more metods to earn exp, this might change alot in the ranking. As it might give more people the opotunity to get to level 18, 20 and above.
It well also help me ofc getting to lv 23 and so on :P...

-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:21 pm 

YngwieOfDoom wrote:
LikwidGames really needs more methods and a higher EXPcap for each day as it has now. Specially because lv 22-23 is one hell of a freakin job. Lmao. Not sure what you meant with "I think rank 15 should be the change level" Maybe the change to a new colorbadge? That wouldn't even be such a bad idea, but I think it would be more valid to do so from lv 20> onwards. Like, lv 25-30-35. not because i'm already close to lv 23, but from lv 19 onwards, increasing your level really gets incredibly difficult. Lv 15-18 is hard too, But Gabriel is the fourth one that ever passed the lv 17 barrier and entered lv 18. and Sokki, jvitor and I were the only 1 ever to surpass lv 20. If we have a higher EXP cap and more metods to earn exp, this might change alot in the ranking. As it might give more people the opotunity to get to level 18, 20 and above.
It well also help me ofc getting to lv 23 and so on :P...

-Yngwie-

I was meaning the rank in which we'd be allowed to change our names.
I won't say what I want to change my name to at the fear that some guest will come and snatch it, but I think at level 15, I should have the ability to ask likwid to change my name.

Also in terms of exp, I was thinking achievements to be added that don't have an exp/day cap. Simply 2exp for easy achievements, 5 for medium, 10 for hard and 20 for impossible.
If likwid were to do this, I'd be fine going through all the games on this site in search for where to put some achievements.

Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2