Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: So what's the plan from here on out?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:20 pm 

Alright as a group (the people who are currently members) we need to discuss what is going to happen in the near future. Yngwie cleaned out all of the bots/spam, and Likwid seems to be back for now. But what is going to happen next?

Already people are saying that they do not like the way things are working, myself included. Besides stopping new bot accounts from being created this site needs a form of leadership that it currently does not have. So far we have next to nothing regarding any of this. Like my post on Likwids profile about answering questions none of those questions have been answered.

We got rid of the bots and spam. But unless something happens in the next little while this site will not ever be the way it once was. It may get new members and it may have a more lively community but it will not be the Likwidgames anyone remembers. I get it though, why should anyone care about what I'm saying? Why should my thoughts be taken seriously when others can sit back talking about what they have done and what they will do. Hell I'm thinking about what to say next and I realize I sound like some random guy from some random movie trying to motivate people to make a change. But that's what I'm doing. If anyone here who says they care actually do they would push for change instead of waiting for something to happen.

We are talking and communicating in a virtual world outside the boundaries of racism and hate. So there is no reason for this to mimic the real world where nothing ever gets done. I even realize that when people read this very few will listen and agree with me. Even more will read what I say and disregard it because they like things the way they are or they will respond as if they agree but they don't. They will twist their words in ways that sound like they care to those who are not able to decipher the bullshit. But if that's the site people want then so be it, the most I can do is show people what is really going on and hope that they try to make a difference.

For this message the author alex5678 has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

Post subject: Re: So what's the plan from here on out?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:18 pm 

alex5678 wrote:
Alright as a group (the people who are currently members) we need to discuss what is going to happen in the near future. Yngwie cleaned out all of the bots/spam, and Likwid seems to be back for now. But what is going to happen next?

Already people are saying that they do not like the way things are working, myself included. Besides stopping new bot accounts from being created this site needs a form of leadership that it currently does not have. So far we have next to nothing regarding any of this. Like my post on Likwids profile about answering questions none of those questions have been answered.

We got rid of the bots and spam. But unless something happens in the next little while this site will not ever be the way it once was. It may get new members and it may have a more lively community but it will not be the Likwidgames anyone remembers. I get it though, why should anyone care about what I'm saying? Why should my thoughts be taken seriously when others can sit back talking about what they have done and what they will do. Hell I'm thinking about what to say next and I realize I sound like some random guy from some random movie trying to motivate people to make a change. But that's what I'm doing. If anyone here who says they care actually do they would push for change instead of waiting for something to happen.

We are talking and communicating in a virtual world outside the boundaries of racism and hate. So there is no reason for this to mimic the real world where nothing ever gets done. I even realize that when people read this very few will listen and agree with me. Even more will read what I say and disregard it because they like things the way they are or they will respond as if they agree but they don't. They will twist their words in ways that sound like they care to those who are not able to decipher the bullshit. But if that's the site people want then so be it, the most I can do is show people what is really going on and hope that they try to make a difference.

Let me start off with thanking you for your topic Alex. i though you already gave up on us.
Second i want to tell you that i merely did anything against the bots. I only clear out the forum. While likwid should give me the command to ban all the ots ( that could also include normal players of lv 1 without any evidence that they're real accounts) But Likwid hasn't talked to me in 3 days since i've been doing the daily clearing. You're to pessimistic about this Alex.. To be honest with all of you guys, this site will never be the same as in 2011. But we can atleast change it so that it could still be a decent community. The reason it will never be the same as the early 2011 is because the people made the community. Not the community itself, and most of these people left. So at some points the community will never be the same, how hard we try. It's importent that we all use the forum, including the new gen and newest registered people. If likwid is able, we should make a small forum in the newbie section known as the "introduction" section. where new and fresh people have to introduce themself so we can give them a warm welcome on the site and community.
As long as likwid is still busy with some updates. The only ones that can maintain the website is either me, or sokki.. I haven't seen thing11th comming online the last couple of weeks. So i don't want to be a dick but, i count him out. I wish he would return. But let's not count on it to much and continue cleaning the forum. If we have to worry about all inactive members, then we can't do anything on the forum at all.
As for the clearing methods. I already gave Sokki the instructions on how to remove the forum as effective as possible. Since i've been Deleting all the spam, he hasn't beeen abble to use this method by himself. so i'm actually planning on leaving the spam for maybe a day or 3. So he can try it out himself. It's also pretty importent not to count out Likwid just yet, he is really busy with different kind of stuff. Even through this, i'm not allowed to discuss the discussions I and Likwid
have on Likwidgames or people of Likwid games. I hope you people understand that ;)

You don't have to take to much responsibilities Alex ;) just keep it cool. use the forum, make some topics, react on some threads and forum sections. I'll maintain the forum as long as possible. And i hope sokki will find some space between it to help e out ;) It's been a pleasure to clean out the forum so far, it's just a shame so many people are just ignoring the fact that the community has been repaired to it's fullest. Besides the older members.. I did work on that part. But i haven't gotten any reactions on either one of the veterans. And i don't think they will return. We need to do it with this: Likwid, Sokki, Alex, daikeniki, vinisiv, Gabriel,( hopefully thing11th), Me and alll the new commers who are willing to use the forum.
-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:20 pm 

Seeing as how you are now the closest to Likwid would it not then be reasonable that you answer some of these questions? Regardless of "not being able" you talk like you know more than the rest of us. So it comes down to this. Start answering questions as best you can without Likwid, or at this point just deal with the bots. Saying that you have talked to Likwid about not only the site, but about members that is in no way fair. If something is going to happen all active members have a right to know what is going on.

On a different note I understand that the community will never be exactly the same as it was but it can still be a fun place to talk to people regardless of slight changes. You made a small list of users who have been online recently (old members) I've been looking through profiles and there are newer members who have been online recently. The community may not be as it was but it can still exist. You say that I am too pessimistic about this but that isn't true. If I was pessimistic I would have quit, and if I didn't I would tell people that this is a lost cause. But I don't. I'm pushing for a change that you alone cannot give. The only person who could at this point is Likwid if he was online like he used to be. That or other people help with this. I don't see that happening so instead of giving up I would rather fight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:53 pm 

alex5678 wrote:
Seeing as how you are now the closest to Likwid would it not then be reasonable that you answer some of these questions? Regardless of "not being able" you talk like you know more than the rest of us. So it comes down to this. Start answering questions as best you can without Likwid, or at this point just deal with the bots. Saying that you have talked to Likwid about not only the site, but about members that is in no way fair. If something is going to happen all active members have a right to know what is going on.

On a different note I understand that the community will never be exactly the same as it was but it can still be a fun place to talk to people regardless of slight changes. You made a small list of users who have been online recently (old members) I've been looking through profiles and there are newer members who have been online recently. The community may not be as it was but it can still exist. You say that I am too pessimistic about this but that isn't true. If I was pessimistic I would have quit, and if I didn't I would tell people that this is a lost cause. But I don't. I'm pushing for a change that you alone cannot give. The only person who could at this point is Likwid if he was online like he used to be. That or other people help with this. I don't see that happening so instead of giving up I would rather fight.

You didn't understand what i was telling. Me and likwid didn't talk about any of the members. I was just told to keep the stuff inside the chat between me and Likwid. I don't know why, but you shouldn't worry. We only talked about fighting against the bots, and i'm only informing him about the current state of Likwidgames. such as how much bots are generated, how many spam there are dialy, and if he found any improvements for the site. this are the only things we discuss.. Don't worry, I'm not a unfiar person to talk about others without them knowing. My apologize that I called you a pessimist from this point. It looked like you didn't had hope in either Likwid, or me. I can relate to it of course. Just deleting spam isn't going to solve the critical situation Likwidgames is in atm. But if no one posts besides me, then i'm just talking to a wall. If i keep making topics, response to my own topcis. And no one else responses to it. It's not very attractive for newcommers to response don't you think? thanks why I try not to response to any topic. So that also the names of other people get noticed on the board besides me. But if no one is actually using the forum. Then there is now enigne to let it all work around. So we need not only you, but also likwid, daikeniki, Gabriel, jacker, Sokki, thing11th vinisiv and alot more people to actually check the forum daily, post daily, and keep things roll around. The bots have been reduced, the spam have been decreased. The amount of registered bots is being decreased. I already done most of the stuff i'm capeble of. Now we need all of you to keep the forum rolling. As long as I can get online on a daily basic. No one has to be afraid of seeing spam. But if no ones uses the forum at all. then later on, i will have no reasons to clear out a forum that people don't use. It would be a waste of my time. Because i also got other stuff to do to be honest. So i hope people apreciate that, and start being more active like they should be, and they already promised. Likwid will come back eventually. We don't need to wait for likwid anymore. We done the basic work. Likwid already did some major coding against the bot registering. We no longer need to wait for Likwid to make a move. We need to keep the forum active, used, and spam free, until likwid returns with the major news.
So, let's just all use the forum as we used to be! And we should not back down because a spam or 4! We already won this fight! now we only neeed to protect, and maintain it!
-Yngwie-

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]