Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New moderator at work!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:14 am 

Hello, i'm your new moderator.
I'm well known in likwidgames for my activity on the forum.
I've been granted Moderation abilities by none other then Likwid today ( 4-5 hours age)
And i've been doing some hard work to clear op the community!
Here is a small list of examples:

Sport section cleared: Check
Avatar showcase section cleared: Check
Game ideas section cleared: Check
Music section cleared: Check
Forum games section cleared: Started

Banned around 100+ bots
Cleared 4 sections.
Banned 3 IP adresses
Deleted around 100+ posts and topics.

I will continue doing this work! Thing11th, Sokki. MY pleasure to work with you guys!

For this message the author YngwieOfDoom has received thanks from:
jacker77, sexyfiregirl, Sokki, Thing11th

Post subject: Re: New moderator at work!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:34 am 

null

Last edited by Daikenkini on Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:50 am 

Daikenkini wrote:
Thank you Yngwie, and good job. Now go and increase these statistics!

And @Likwid implement that human verification on the sign up page.

I'm doing my best.. Although, it's going to be pretty difficult Tbh. there are like 2-10 registers every day. some of them post 2-3 posts, others wait. but each day like 7-12 new spam threads are made. so to fight this, we actually need more men. I need sokki and thing1th to help me out! I need to be sure that Likwid puts in the system to trick the bot users so they can't be generated anymore. After that, wen eed to advertise :ikwidgames again on the internet with new games, new stuff etc! I think i will ask Likwid about it, and may give him some ideas so that leveling could go easier.
In the hope Likwidgames will be the same as in 2011!

I already informaed Likwid about Alex's idea for cappicha system. But i also posted on the moderator forum section about more solutions.
-Yngwie-

PS: I deleted that part for you daikeniki ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:25 am 

Despite Yngwie's unquestionable positive work so far, I do partly agree with you, Alex. I'll keep it short ... I welcome the addition Yngwie's to the moderator (slash administrator?) team, however I still vote for a massive overhaul for the forums, and I still vote for less moderators as well as administrators, and I still vote for more regular members.

To this time we need to use our Power (or rather, as Alex pointed out, Yngwie's ...) constructively, and not destructively. We have to create reasons for the regular members to stay and the guests to register. Those new members would then invite their friends and so forth and so on, resulting in even more regular members (which should be our goal)!

I am not certain about whether we are going the right path at the moment ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:59 am 

alex5678 wrote:
Yngwie.

I know that you loved and enjoyed Likwidgames just as much as I did, and I know you want it to be like that again just as much as I do. I also know that you now have admin abilities, something to try and help with getting the site back in working order. But just from your comment now I question if you were the right choice for a new admin.

Daikenkini only made his comment as a "Go get em, kick some bot ass" form of encouragement if I can interpret his words correctly. You now having the abilities of an admin gives to you the abilities of a leader. But now we need to see if you can lead. Telling people not to "command" you or other admins/leaders because that is what you now are. Is not how an admin/or leader should act. Despite misunderstandings which do happen I hope that you can make this website better than it currently is.

However I would warn that you do not let yourself become enveloped with these new abilities. Reading your words gives the impression of a man who now having powers others don't now feels superior. Those who do not have the same abilities he does may not be able to fix problems the way he can, but an admin/leader should hear their words equally with compassion. Yes some may try to cause trouble and headaches, but it happens, and yes being a leader you didn't ask for. But becoming an admin comes with the responsibility of making others feel like they have someone to go to. People should feel like you care, and not like you look down on them because that is the impression you give in only a few words.

I believe that we can make Likwidgames the site that it once was with an amazing and fun forum like "best dressed avatar" and votes as to what movies are better "Harry Potter or Transformers". That however cannot be done with an admin who does not consider the new interpretations his words will give. I give you the benefit of the doubt, I do not think this is what you wanted when asking to become an admin. But if it is then I really don't know what to say.

thanks for the feedbak Alex!
To be honest. this is not because i'm a moderator that I reacted this way.
I'm 21 years old. And i veel responsible for alot of things. That's why i sometimes act like a leading function. I did it before when i still was normal. I will try not to be to bossy like you explaned;)

I think we can recover Likwidgames! But there are just so many spams and shit.. It's so stupid to see. Wish Likwid had made it easier to delete spam :P
Oh wel. Again, thank Alex for the feedback. I will work on it;)!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:06 am 

Daikenkini wrote:
Despite Yngwie's unquestionable positive work so far, I do partly agree with you, Alex. I'll keep it short ... I welcome the addition Yngwie's to the moderator (slash administrator?) team, however I still vote for a massive overhaul for the forums, and I still vote for less moderators as well as administrators, and I still vote for more regular members.

To this time we need to use our Power (or rather, as Alex pointed out, Yngwie's ...) constructively, and not destructively. We have to create reasons for the regular members to stay and the guests to register. Those new members would then invite their friends and so forth and so on, resulting in even more regular members (which should be our goal)!

I am not certain about whether we are going the right path at the moment ...

You're correct. I didn't mean to act to bossy. But you have to know, that Likwid had alot on his head. If i would be the owner of a site, and someone ordered me. I wouldn't feel happy about it. I will watch my actions more carefully next time.

also daikkeniki, I em nothing close to admin o.o!
I'm just moderator just like Sokki and thing11th. I can only ban accounts, IPS, and delete spam. It's not that i'm a leader now. I'm Likwid's employ And it's my duty to clear up the spam/bots.
Another things, I'm a moderator now. But that doens't mean that there will be more moderators. also, I think that it was a pretty good choice. I'm always online, active, and hate the spam/bots! So i can activily delete those things.
While sokki and thing11th Will be resting from all the deleting. I will delete in their place at the moment. Ofc, it would be better if one of those would help me out. It's a pretty hard job to do. There are so many bots and spams...
Well, I'll be conituing the mass deleting and banning then ;)!
Thanks for the support guys;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:46 pm 

Good day people.
I've been deleting alot of spam again!
Forum games section cleared: Check
Game progamming section cleared: Check
Avatar Ideas Section cleared: Check
Console/PC Games section cleared: Started

I also noticed that the amount of spam creating had decreased!
So that's fantastic! Let's hope people feel free to post again in the forum ( besides bots.. bots shall burn)
-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:28 pm 

Gratz Yngwie!! It's a pleasure indeed to welcome a new and boiling blood, such as yours :)

Have a blast!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:52 pm 

So, I'm done deleting spam for today.
I haven't yet to finish The game progamming section because there are alot of spam in it.
But i did succeed to clear out some of the sections in Our games section!;)

This is the overview:
our games section cleared: Started
Castaway Island TD: Cleared: Check
Diezel Valkyrie: Cleared: Check
Ultimate Defence: Cleared: Check

I'll be deleting spam tomorrow again ;)!
Good night people

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:35 pm 

Since I found the perfect way of actually MASS deleting spam.
I've made a huge progess throughout deleting the spam! I will show you guys a overfew!
PS:I actually deleted some none bot threads by accident. But atleast the forum will be completely cleared of spam! My apologize to those who lost a topic or 2 ( including myself)

Console/pc section cleared:Check
Flash games section cleared:Check
Tv/Movie section cleared:Check
Game reviews section cleared:Check
Games Forum section clearence: Complete
Site Feedack and suggenstions secion cleared:check
Mini heroes section cleared: Check

In total we I deleted nearly 2k spam! This community will probably be cleared at the end of the week! Also, the week when Likwid will be returning! so let's hope with my hard work, and Likwid's returning and implenting of a new security systems. This site can start it's glory NEXT MONTH again!
-Yngwie-

Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next