Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Site feature suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hey everyone.

As I'm in the process of redesigning the site and making it more modern and accessible, I'd like to hear everyone's suggestions on what new features they'd like to see.

I know that new items for your avatars have been a big request from most of you. Would you prefer to see new items or new, redesigned avatars?

What other features is this site lacking that other big gaming sites have? Anything new that we could add to make this site better than those?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone :)

Post subject: Re: Site feature suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:48 pm 

Awesome news there, Likwid!

Now, I'd say from the avatars, we do want new items but the avatars as they stand now are pretty outdated. If we could potentially get new basic avatars with new items over time, that would be amazing.

Gaming sites these days have live chat somewhere usually. I am not too interested in it but that is a feature.
I also think a major point about this website though is how easy it is to get to the forums. I recommend you do not sacrifice forums for functionality of another feature.
Potentially, remove the giant on the side ads and try to fit more... somewhere. I don't really have a solution for this, but it really does seem like a problem to me when sites have those giant ads on the side.
Premium accounts for no ads and perks. Maybe a Blue/Purple/Orange/Yellow name (Pretty sure only Red and Green are taken).
Option to report games for on-site bugs. I noticed Castaway 2 on this site will no longer let you log into Armorgames which for people who use the premium and the global saves is kind of game breaking.
Experience Point Events, that would be pretty cool. Could be its own thing or hosted in the forums... Just challenges for the community.
Site Achievements, armorgames and kongregate do amazing jobs on these. Could also be tied to exp so we have incentive to actually play the games rather than just rate and social-share it. (Also don't limit achievements to a certain amount per day).

That's all I can think of. Of course there is the whole, add more games and avatar stuff and stuff but I wanted a list of the major points that would be unique enough to be noticed.

EDIT: Oh! If you make premium accounts blue, then premium-staff could be Cyan for mods and purple for admins. I think there's only one admin though...

EDIT 2: For site achievements, maybe temporarily add a button to submit an achievement. This way you or the mods don't have to search every game for achievements to add. Of course, the idea of submitting and not creating means you can decline certain submissions.

Last edited by Evil_Paragon on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:11 am 

Evil_Paragon wrote:
Awesome news there, Likwid!

Now, I'd say from the avatars, we do want new items but the avatars as they stand now are pretty outdated. If we could potentially get new basic avatars with new items over time, that would be amazing.

Gaming sites these days have live chat somewhere usually. I am not too interested in it but that is a feature.
I also think a major point about this website though is how easy it is to get to the forums. I recommend you do not sacrifice forums for functionality of another feature.
Potentially, remove the giant on the side ads and try to fit more... somewhere. I don't really have a solution for this, but it really does seem like a problem to me when sites have those giant ads on the side.
Premium accounts for no ads and perks. Maybe a Blue/Purple/Orange/Yellow name (Pretty sure only Red and Green are taken).
Option to report games for on-site bugs. I noticed Castaway 2 on this site will no longer let you log into Armorgames which for people who use the premium and the global saves is kind of game breaking.
Experience Point Events, that would be pretty cool. Could be its own thing or hosted in the forums... Just challenges for the community.
Site Achievements, armorgames and kongregate do amazing jobs on these. Could also be tied to exp so we have incentive to actually play the games rather than just rate and social-share it. (Also don't limit achievements to a certain amount per day).

That's all I can think of. Of course there is the whole, add more games and avatar stuff and stuff but I wanted a list of the major points that would be unique enough to be noticed.

EDIT: Oh! If you make premium accounts blue, then premium-staff could be Cyan for mods and purple for admins. I think there's only one admin though...

I agree with all those points.

Maybe a sidebar with who is online, forum stats (eg. amount of members and messages, newest member etc.) and then your own stats.

Maybe a whole colour/css redo for the forum. So maybe instead of black, we have white.

And when people are on the forum, you could have a different header? Instead of showing the categories of games maybe?

If we all meant to pop out of bed, we would live in toasters.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm 

As a little thing, maybe look into live homepage things.
Like, "Latest Avatar Item", "Community Activity", "Latest Post", ect.

It'd be pretty cool to look at when the site is popular and you just see post scrolling down and such.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Evil_Paragon wrote:
As a little thing, maybe look into live homepage things.
Like, "Latest Avatar Item", "Community Activity", "Latest Post", ect.

It'd be pretty cool to look at when the site is popular and you just see post scrolling down and such.

What do you mean by "live homepage things"? We already display the things you mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:40 am 

Live versions of what we have.
As in, live updates and not having to refresh the page to see changes.

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]