Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Suggestion: Forum posts only to be made by people w/ Avatars
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm 

Because spammers don't ever seem to have them.

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Suggestion: Forum posts only to be made by people w/ Ava
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 am 

That's a cool suggestion. Very good. We just need Likwid to do something... :/

Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:25 am 

we just need to have likwid to wake up and take care of this website

...Haunted by its melody
Music it will set you free
Let it set you free" ~Machine Head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:12 am 

I agree on your Idea kwikz but, understand that not everyone's computer is good.
Some of our players seems te have alot of problems making avatars... For some reason, they don't show up. So, they may never post on the forum.
A verification question before making a post would be a better solution if you ask me.
It would also be helpful if you can put a maximum of 3 links in your post.
Because, most of the spams post like 20+ different links to movies.

So our ideas till now:
Registing verification questions.
Posting verification question.
Thrash can section
That are at least the 3 Ideas I either came up with, or agree with.
-Yngwie-

For this message the author YngwieOfDoom has received thanks from:
sexyfiregirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:28 am 

YngwieOfDoom wrote:
So our ideas till now:
Registing verification questions.
Posting verification question.
Thrash can section
That are at least the 3 Ideas I either came up with, or agree with.
-Yngwie-

i totaly agree with you yngwie! these are some useful ideas! let's just hope likwid will turn back, and bring these ideas in action!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:45 pm 

Yeh Yngwie is kind of right. Though the avatar thingy not displaying is more of a browser / flash problem (which would resolve itself by updating such stuff). Also, close to 99% (ok I made that one up, but still a very high percentage) of the forum users HAVE avatars, and if they don't, they have like less than 5 posts, made a few shitty threads, and then left the site to never ever come back.

W/E let's stick to the previous suggestions.

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:43 pm 

Quicksmasher wrote:
Yeh Yngwie is kind of right. Though the avatar thingy not displaying is more of a browser / flash problem (which would resolve itself by updating such stuff). Also, close to 99% (ok I made that one up, but still a very high percentage) of the forum users HAVE avatars, and if they don't, they have like less than 5 posts, made a few shitty threads, and then left the site to never ever come back.

I don't know if the block non avatar using players to post.
You know how bots work. They can improve. A good verification question would be good..
It may also protect us for useless reactions and comments.. People have to think twice before posting something.. They can't just post some random shit.
Verification questions like: What colour is this, low level calculation solutions to write the same thing as the verification question shows. Those strange symbol systems. You know what I mean I guess?..

It was although a good idea kwikz. You though good about it. But, if people never have the time to finish their avatar, or the bot system is implented to FIRST make a random avatar, before posting spam. Then we got ANOTHER problem. I think verification questions would be best.
We could also bring up that you can only post when you reached lv 5.. But, this would make the equality of this site turns to dust. The positive effect of this is, that people will actualy watch what they post, to gain better exp. And they will be more active on the site ( commenting, sharing, rating).

Let's just hope on Likwid's return. Then, we can sit around the table to talk about some serious ideas.
It would also be nice if LikwidGames would have a chatroom. You could ask any moderator or Likwid itself about the site directly or in private. Or discuss upcomming ideas for the site.
This would make alot of things more easy for us to acomplemise( Omg.. I spelled that SO WRONG..)I hope you still know what I mean uh?
-Yngwie-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:23 am 

YngwieOfDoom wrote:
You know how bots work. They can improve. A good verification question would be good..
It may also protect us for useless reactions and comments.. People have to think twice before posting something.. They can't just post some random shit.
Verification questions like: What colour is this, low level calculation solutions to write the same thing as the verification question shows. Those strange symbol systems. You know what I mean I guess?..

It was although a good idea kwikz. You though good about it. But, if people never have the time to finish their avatar, or the bot system is implented to FIRST make a random avatar, before posting spam. Then we got ANOTHER problem. I think verification questions would be best.
We could also bring up that you can only post when you reached lv 5.. But, this would make the equality of this site turns to dust. The positive effect of this is, that people will actualy watch what they post, to gain better exp. And they will be more active on the site ( commenting, sharing, rating).

Let's just hope on Likwid's return. Then, we can sit around the table to talk about some serious ideas.
It would also be nice if LikwidGames would have a chatroom. You could ask any moderator or Likwid itself about the site directly or in private. Or discuss upcomming ideas for the site.
This would make alot of things more easy for us to acomplemise( Omg.. I spelled that SO WRONG..)I hope you still know what I mean uh?
-Yngwie-

... Accomplish? :)

I have a... kinda complicated idea.

So, let's have both the verification question and the avatar thing. This way, it's a double protection - more is better than less.

What if users face problems doing the avatar?
Simple... or not so much: anyone is allowed to post within "Site Feedback and Suggestions", so if they have any problems doing their avatars they can ask for help. There could also be a full area dedicated only to support.

But then, wouldn't this part of the site become "spammable"? - you might be asking. Then, what we can do is remove this part of the forum from the Last Posts in the main page. If spam gets over the verification question and posts there, at least it wouldn't annoy everyone, and Mods would have more time to delete spam posts.

Also, you mentioned that spam bots might be improved to make avatars. I highly doubt it - I believe the programs are universal: bots are made and implemented on many many sites, not just likwid games. I don't think a programmer would dedicate time only to make a bot that can spam here specifically.

Well hello there! Have a nice day! :D If you have anything nice to say, please post it on my profile, I will be glad to read :P You can also PM me. I'm friendly!! (95% of the times... the other times I just bite people, you know)

For this message the author gabrielok has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 am 

YngwieOfDoom wrote:
Quicksmasher wrote:

-Yngwie-

For this I can set one up. It wouldn't be connected to this site and people can put in random names (someone could pretend they're Likwid, I could fix that after a while.) but at least its something right?

If we all meant to pop out of bed, we would live in toasters.

For this message the author Thing11th has received thanks from:
YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:33 pm 

This has already been altered. I've banned a account who only posted spam, had no games commented, rated, or played, had no walkthroughs made whatsoever. And still had a avatar.
I think if this was going to be implented, the bot system simply made a generator system that would also but on random low level clothings.
These bots are more difficult as we could imagne.
-Yngwie-

For this message the author YngwieOfDoom has received thanks from:
sexyfiregirl

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]