Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 10 of 10   [ 97 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:35 pm 

So here's a thought I was reminded of.
This is a suggestion for very late in the development of Castaway 3.

Have an Adventure Creator. This could prolong Ca3's life with community activity making new adventures. The creator features all assets in the game (monsters, buildings, land, sounds, etc.) and can support custom additions.
Should Ca3 contain voice acting, custom voices should be addable as well.

This should really not be an important feature but would be absolutely amazing if it was included at some point.

In fact, if a creator was added in early stages, you could flesh out an actual "campaign" with a ton of time and have the community played around with the creator in some kind of early access.

For this message the author Evil_Paragon has received thanks from:
likwid, YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea. I love the possibility of having the community design quests and even brand new areas to keep the game fresh.

For this message the author likwid has received thanks from:
Evil_Paragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:04 am 

The idea sounds amazing! I wonder if i could be able to add some new stuff, i'm not that good with games and stuff tho.

I like your idea tho!

-yngwie-

For this message the author YngwieOfDoom has received thanks from:
Evil_Paragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:46 am 

Just a very small request. Very very small.
Have a Llama like creature in a fire area that spits fire balls as its ability.

It's called a Llava. I would be happy for this to appear in any game though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:39 am 

[Deleted]

Last edited by Evil_Paragon on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:42 am 

I wonder if Likwid would release the assets to Castaway 2. Even if it's only to appropriate people who request it.
It has such a beautiful art style, it is a shame it only exist in 3 places. 2, TD and Troops (Is Mini Heroes, 2?)

I mentioned earlier an adventure creator which I still believe in as an easy way to do this kind of like Mario Maker. Potentially if Likwid still has the Castaway 1 assets, the adventure creator ask you to choose a graphics style of Castaway 1, 2 or 3 or any other game Likwid has made (from memory though, they're all Castaway 1-looking before Castaway 2 came out, right?).

But before Castaway 3 becomes a thing and before Likwid considers the Adventure Creator, I would love to slave away and make a Castaway fan game. Problem is, I don't have the assets. I mean sure, I've connected the maps of the starting area to the ninth one in a picture but that is all I can do.
http://i.imgur.com/4UzOWQg.jpg for the full image.

It would be a neat way to promote the Castaway series by releasing the assets for people to play with. Plus if you put it under terms that use of the assets must credit you and link back to the site, you'd get a lot of attention because Castaway's graphics are so good that a simple link dump in the credits would be worth it.

YngwieOfDoom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:32 pm 

So I was thinking, right.
Castaway Island is interesting because of its diverse range of ecosystems. So what ecosystems haven't been explored yet?
Well...
We have never had Cave.
Cave creatures would be white and lack secondary colouring.
Eye Guys are iffy. On one hand, they are batlike and therefore Cave. However, they rely on vision very evidently by the giant eye. In a Cave they'd be blind.
Bushes could be rocks.
Another advantage of caves is that it could be an entire system that runs under the island with subtle clues as to where you are. In the lava areas the caves below are red and have lava. In snow, maybe there's a crack of light with snow falling through to a pile on the ground, same for desert with sand. Swamp could have vines growing down the hole.
The Cave System could be faster and more direct than the above world, (less left and right turns, just straight paths, maybe a few diversions) and come with increased riches like Ruby and Sapphire drops, at the exchange for not being able to use the Castaway Feather, decreased visibility, and increased danger. To help with visibility, torches could be crafted so you can walk through the cave but they are durable. You could however in the late game, get a fire creature or in the early game a lightning snake to light up the caves. Premium magic like the Skull Pixie would also light up caves.

Now this one I haven't fully thought through, but I still feel like it could be cool, but if likwid can't get it to work this is absolutely something to be dropped if it doesn't work well.

Urban environment.
Except it's ruins.
Imagine what a modern world would look like 100 years later.
Maybe Castaway Island was once a place that was once well known, but quickly failed and was reclaimed by nature.
I have no idea for creatures or what is so special, other than it could look cool, and if likwid can get it to work, it'd be a nice addition, if not, whatever, Castaway Isle is about being alone anyway. Unless some kind of multiplayer was added.

Speaking of which. I forget if there are, but I am certain there are multiplayer suggestions. If likwid chooses to do this, I hope it is limited to 4 people. This could help expand the healing skills usefulness.

All of my suggestions are based off what I know of Castaway 2 and how Castaway 2 could be upgraded. likwid has every right to privacy so he can surprise us of 3, but at the same time, it'd be nice to know some basics so I can suggest more relevant things if these are useless. But as likwid said, this game is going into development this year, so who knows where he's going to take it because he hasn't even started for the suggestions to be irrelevant.

YngwieOfDoom

Post a reply Page 10 of 10   [ 97 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10