Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: My Lands – modern classics
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38 am 

MMORTS created in the traditions of the "Golden Age" games.

Sooner or later any gamer start to grumble, that “formerly games were better and the sky was water-blue”. It’s hard to stand with it – the times, when game-developers indulged us with “Heroes of Might & Magic 2” or the “Master of Magic” has gone. The best games of our youth are now superseded by the modern blockbusters, with advanced graphics and special effects, but with the lack of thrill.

I’ve met the MMORTS “My Lands” a few months ago, and it appeared to be a bunch of surprises for me. The first one is that the game was created by the Ukrainian developers. What is more – these guys also miss “the good old times”, when we hot-seated near the “Heroes of Might & Magic 2” with the best friend.

Starting My Lands

In-game registration lasts for less than a minute. And here we have the second surprise – to play “My Lands” you don’t need to download any game-clients, which means you can play it on any PC with the Internet connection. Thereby, you can start the training of your army at home this evening, and tomorrow, in office, you can send the ready army in a war campaign.

After the registration, you are offered to choose a server – mining or battle. I suggest you to choose wisely. The gameplay will depend on this exact choice. Everyone, who seeks for peaceful evolution and calm exploration of the world, should choose a mining server. There your cities are being protected longer after the gate is opened. Besides, mining servers are perfect for the player who is going to play like ten minutes per day - just for fun. A few defensive buildings here will protect your city from enemy attacks and will allow you to spend less time in the game.

On the other hand, a battle server – is a Holy Ground for everyone who likes to war and rob. Researches and army training here are much faster, and cities lose protection shortly after the gate is opened.

The die has been cast

After choosing the server you are offered to choose one of four races, belonging either to the Light or the Dark factions. Noble Knights of the Light faction are fond of gold and crops and produce those resources twice as fast. Besides, their carriers’ capacity is also double. Together with the Knights, the race of Elves belongs to the Light faction. The Elven healers can resurrect fallen troops twice as efficient. They also can chop more trees than all other races.

In the Dark faction you can meet Demons who, perhaps, use the labour of convicts – their rate of stone production is 2 times higher than any other race’s. Furthermore, their mercenary – a Demoness – possesses the highest attack level among the mercenaries of other races. In cooperation with this fellows are the notorious Dark Elves worshipping spiders. Their industries, obviously, are the most advanced in the world of My Lands. Iron plants and woodcutters are their strong points. And the Mages of the Dark Elves reduces the damage from defensive buildings with the highest efficiency.

Every race has typical set of units. They are: carriers, taking most of the damage and transporting stolen resources, warriors, cavalry, airborne, archers, healers, who can revive certain number of units fallen in battle, mercenaries with the highest attack level and the lowest health level, and Mages, who know how to weaken the defensive buildings of the enemy. In fact, units of the same type differ only in appearance for different races, however, some characteristics still depend on the race choice.

It is interesting, that almost every unit is someone’s pursuer and someone’s victim. For example, warriors fight archers better than other units, but suffer from the cavalry attacks. Cavalry is a dessert for the airborne. And all the winged creatures die from the arrows of archers, who, in turn, suffer from the warriors. Thus, depending on the enemy army, you have to change the composition of your strike group for each battle.

What is it – to build a city?

Having defined the race, player appears on the screen of the capital city. Obliging counsellor starts to provide us with simple quests that can be completed for the first ten minutes of the game. In such a smart way the developers have built the game instructions right into the game, so player don’t have to be bored with any multipage manuals in order to acquaint with the game.

On the city screen you will spend most of the play time. In the beginning you will have to advance science studying and resources production. There are seven types of resources in “My Lands” – gold, wood, stone, crops, iron, people and the Black Gems. The first five are pretty common, the last two worth to be studied through.

In contrast with mentioned above “Heroes of Might & Magic”, you will need people in order to produce resources. So, remember to construct and upgrade cottages for the population. The Black Gems, again, are needed everywhere. With the Gems you can finish constructions immediately, accelerate your researches, make your army to train faster, or you can convert them into the real money, and withdraw the money from the game.

To play, or not to play?

Nevertheless, money withdrawal is just a nice addition to the game, not exactly its trump. Playing “My Lands” will be interesting even to the player who doesn’t like MMO’s at all. Obviously, the point is that we are talking about some sort of “one massive hot-seat” for the fifteen thousand players. And if from the beginning of the game you will rob ruins, which randomly appear on the empire map, later you will discover limitless gameplay possibilities. “My Lands” players make alliances and gather in clans, wage wars, trade and take part in tournaments, victory in which, by the way, will bring you a high-level artefact that can seriously boost your position in the virtual world.

“My Lands” can be spoken about much longer, but this is the case when you better try it yourself.http://mlgame.es/?state=register_simple&ref=Copywriter_es_forum2 And be warned – signing up just to see the game, you take all chances of getting away from the computer not earlier than after three days of playing.

Attachments:
File comment: Knight's City
City Knight Great.jpg
City Knight Great.jpg [ 1.46 MiB | Viewed 4554 times ]
File comment: Demons City
City Demon.jpg
City Demon.jpg [ 876.01 KiB | Viewed 4554 times ]
File comment: Dark Elves City
City Dark Elf.jpg
City Dark Elf.jpg [ 768.83 KiB | Viewed 4554 times ]

Post subject: Re: My Lands – modern classics
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 am 

Images looks good although I didn't had time to read the whole post, I'll read it later. Thanks for sharing :)

p.s. usually I would react on this like spam or something, but since its made in the right section and with these images I can't anything else but to thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:29 am 

Sokki wrote:
Images looks good although I didn't had time to read the whole post, I'll read it later. Thanks for sharing :)

p.s. usually I would react on this like spam or something, but since its made in the right section and with these images I can't anything else but to thank you for sharing.

Well, it looks like spam, indeed. But, trust me, this game is worth playing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:04 am 

yozheGGG wrote:
Sooner or later any gamer start to grumble, that “formerly games were better and the sky was water-blue”.

The only advertisment penetrating my hard outer shell right away ... as I would remember the times where the girls of my country used to be blonde and blue eyed and my environment made me feel so safe ...

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image

Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]