Username or Email:

Password:
Remember Me
  Forgot your password?

New to Likwid Games?

It's easy and free. Interact, Rate games, Earn EXP and Build your own Avatar.

Post a reply Page 7 of 9   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Announcing Castaway Island TD
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quicksmasher wrote:
When you walk through the streets of the Flash World you see there and there depressed Flash authors who worry about the release dates their Sponsors set.

I'm glad to hear this isn't the case for you. Get this feature ready and give it what it needs ;o)

My fault that I expressed myself so stupid. Pfff.

This is not the case in the flash world at all. Sponsors don't dictate when a game should be completed. A game is FIRST completed and then given to the sponsor. It's up to the developers discretion as to when they complete their game.

I haven't run into any depressed flash developers either. Most do it for the love of creating games, and a lot of developers do it on top of working full time jobs as well.

Anyways, let's keep this thread on topic now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:18 pm 

will the hero and the pet be able to attack the enemies as well as the towers? if so, will the pet and the hero be able to level up as well as the towers?

since the pet system will be added to this game, you will be able to 'capture' enemies, and make them your new pet, or will the starting pet be the only pet you get?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

PixelKiller wrote:
will the hero and the pet be able to attack the enemies as well as the towers? if so, will the pet and the hero be able to level up as well as the towers?

since the pet system will be added to this game, you will be able to 'capture' enemies, and make them your new pet, or will the starting pet be the only pet you get?

It has already been mentioned a few times that the hero cannot attack. This is still very much a tower defense game.

You will select a pet with unique abilities at the start of the game similar to Pokemon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:11 pm 

oh ok.

hope the game plays as good as it looks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm 

likwid wrote:
I haven't run into any depressed flash developers either. Most do it for the love of creating games, and a lot of developers do it on top of working full time jobs as well.

Was talking about the full time employees then, well maybe. Thanks for clearing up the system for us, but I wondered why Armorgames has a "Submit Game" Button.

likwid wrote:
Anyways, let's keep this thread on topic now.

Sorry!

likwid wrote:
You will select a pet with unique abilities at the start of the game similar to Pokemon.

Sounds awesome!

likwid wrote:
It has already been mentioned a few times that the hero cannot attack. This is still very much a tower defense game.

Sounds already less interesting. Though that's a matter of taste, I just love TD games with a controllable charakter. You have to do 2 things at the same time.

The TD games have become a pretty hard business nowadays. Cursed Treasure is Kongregates most popular TD while Gemcraft Labyrinth is Armorgames favorite. They have a really high play- and score count.

I hope for Castaway Island TD to break through. But I can say already it will win in concepts and especially graphics!

Generally this TD looks totally different than the Ultimate Defenses, so I'm really looking forward to playing it!

-> Castaway Island TD Discussion | -> Castaway 3 Fans Wishlist Thread

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Development on Castaway Island TD is complete! Stay tuned in the next few days for an announcement on the game's release date.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 pm 

Really excited for this! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:53 pm 

YES!!!!! thanks likwid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:43 pm 

hey nick i thought you would be offline after the 25th but it seams that you are still online why? oh and i am looking forward to this castaway i just hope you can save online since my computer deletes game saves, and since it dose that i have to restart every time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:15 pm 

I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL IT IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a reply Page 7 of 9   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next